C. SCOT CRU
Senior level international television executive with over 20 years experience in building, expanding and maintaining television distribution and production businesses.
MGM STUDIOS 2019-Present
Executive Vice President, Global Formats & Unscripted Content Beverly Hills, California. Reporting to Mark Burnett Oversees all unscripted development, production and acquisitions worldwide. Responsible for company’s global partnerships and long range international planning.
GRB STUDIOS 2018-2019
Sherman Oaks, California. Reporting to GRB Founder Gary Benz
Responsible for all divisions of the company including development, production, distribution, digital and finance. Oversaw two pilots with the A&E Network and was responsible for GRB’s Emmy award winning franchise, INTERVENTION. Cru negotiated a new season of a dormant GRB format, UNTOLD STORIES OF THE ER with TLC along with a relicense of more than 140 episodes previously produced.
Cru oversaw the companies IP strategic partnerships with other independent producers including the recently announced partnership with Media Ranch Canada.
UNITED ARTISTS MEDIA GROUP / MARK BURNETT PRODUCTIONS 2003-2016
Executive Vice President, International Distribution & Production
Los Angeles California reporting to Mark Burnett, Founder
– Responsible for all international business including production, distribution and expansion.
– Grew distribution business from $1M to more than $100M in 13 years.
– Distributed over 1000 hours of programming to more than 150 countries around the world.
– Distributed scripted series including THE BIBLE and A.D. in over 80 countries.
– Distributed unscripted formats in over 120 countries including ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A
5 TH GRADER?, THE APPRENTICE and THE CONTENDER.
– Served as Executive Producer for all international formats.
– Opened international production companies in Singapore and the U.K.
– Prepared annual revenue projections.
– Developed new revenue streams.
– Negotiated co-production deals for pilots and series to break new IP outside of the U.S.
– Pre-sold scripted content to maximize financial model of the production.
– Developed personal relationships at the highest level at top broadcasters all over the world.
– P&L responsibility for the group.
– Worked closely with creative/production team to maximize green light opportunities around the world.
– Managed team to produce maximum results in every market.
– Managed all worldwide content licensing negotiations including digital, mobile and other platforms.
SONY INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION 1998-2003
Director of Special Projects
Culver City, California reporting to Jon Petrovich
– Oversaw original production for Sony channels including AXN, SET.
– Budget responsibility for international productions.
– Provided creative support between contract producers and Sony HQ.
TURNER BROADCASTING INTERNATIONAL 1992-1998
Director of International Sales
Atlanta Georgia reporting to Jon Petrovich
– Responsible for all cable channel licensing rights throughout the Caribbean for all Turner
networks including CNN, TNT, Cartoon Network and CNN en Espanol.
– Responsible for sales forecasts and revenue projections.
– Responsible for all non-traditional revenue sales and business development.
– Grew business 35% in six years.